Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a bit different than the others that are on here already, but I think this one tastes just like Chili's salsa. This recipe comes from Todd Wilbur and can be found at www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 411.06 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 44.37 ml jalapenos, canned and diced
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml onion, finely diced
- Combine tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice and spices in food processor (or blender).
- Run on high speed until tomatoes are nearly pureed, yet still chunky.
- Pour into bowl and add onions (or you can add at last minute in food processor).
- Stir well, cover & store overnight for flavors to properly develop.
Excellent. I too liked the cumin in this. Just the right amount too. I don't think I've had Chili's salsa either but this really hit the spot. The only thing I'll do different is add some chopped garlic. I'll make this again with my fresh tomatoes this summer. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
I haven't tried Chili's salsa but this one is delicious! I loved the cumin flavour- that made this salsa stand out from the rest! I used fresh cherry tomatoes and left the mixture quite chunky- personal preference. Thanks for a super recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
We really liked this. It was easy and tastes great, definetly beats jarred salsa and is so quick and easy. Thanks!!