Recipe by kimboleyanne
This is a bit different than the others that are on here already, but I think this one tastes just like Chili's salsa. This recipe comes from Todd Wilbur and can be found at www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent. I too liked the cumin in this. Just the right amount too. I don't think I've had Chili's salsa either but this really hit the spot. The only thing I'll do different is add some chopped garlic. I'll make this again with my fresh tomatoes this summer. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canned tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons jalapenos, canned and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice and spices in food processor (or blender).
- Run on high speed until tomatoes are nearly pureed, yet still chunky.
- Pour into bowl and add onions (or you can add at last minute in food processor).
- Stir well, cover & store overnight for flavors to properly develop.