Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can never get enough of Chili's whether it's just their fresh salsa and bottomless tortilla chips or their Quesadilla Explosion salad! So here's yet another Chili's favorite to try at HOME!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded, to taste
- Slightly moisten chicken with water.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, shake chicken and cajun seasoning until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter, over medium heat, turning whenever necessary.
- When chicken is about half-way done, grab a second skillet and combine heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter, and remainder of seasonings over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and turn off heat. Stir well.
- When chicken is cooked through, place on cutting board and slice into strips.
- Spoon pasta and sauce onto large serving plates (2) and top with chicken, diced tomatoes, and Parmesan.
- Throw a thick, garlicky slice of Texas toast on that bad boy and enjoy!
AWESOME! The entire family loved it. Had to cook the pasta longer than stated, but flavor was great!
Tastes just like at Chilis. Thanks for posting.
I actually poured on the Cajun seasoning without measuring. Then I didn't add the salt. I'm pretty happy with the results. The cream sauce makes. Trust me. Once you cook in the pasta (I used bow tie and 12 oz), DO NOT RINSE IT. You need the starch on it. Also, do NOT overcook. You need al dente so it can cook a little bit in the sauce. I've made cream sauces before and they are super easy. The fats thicken up with the pasta starch and it is simply beautiful! And you can trust me because the process of me cooking is hideous but for he end product. Yummy!!!