1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is posted by request. The original poster of this recipe is Todd Wilbur. What makes this dessert so special is the way it comes to your table sizzling in a cast iron skillet. Just like fajitas. The chocolate chip cookie and graham cracker crust "pie" is topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then drizzled with chocolate and caramel syrup. It's all served up in a hot skillet of cinnamon butter. Yum! If you want to prepare this one just like they do at the restaurant, you'll need one of those skillets for each serving. Small iron skillets work the best, but any 6 or 8-inch frying pan will do fine. You just have to be sure your pan is super hot to get that authentic Chili's "sizzle." If you don't have enough of the right pans for each serving, you can slide it all onto a plate. It may not have the sizzle of the real thing, but it'll still taste awesome! ENJOY! "Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- 3In a separate large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- 4Continue beating for about 30 seconds or until mixture turns lighter in color.
- 5Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 6Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- 7Beat until well-combined and then mix in the coconut flakes.
- 8Set this cookie dough aside for now.
- 9Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a medium bowl in the microwave on high temperature for about 30 seconds.
- 10Add the sugar and stir well for 30 seconds.
- 11Add the graham cracker crumbs and stir.
- 12Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish or pan.
- 13Sprinkle the cup of chocolate chips evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- 14Press the cookie dough into the dish, covering the chocolate chips.
- 15Use flour on your fingers to keep the soft dough from sticking.
- 16Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the dough.
- 17Use your fingers to press the nuts into the dough.
- 18Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the edges of the“pie” become light brown.
- 19Prepare the cinnamon butter by creaming together the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl with an electric mixer on high speed.
- 20When you are ready to make your dessert, heat up a small skillet over medium heat.
- 21When the skillet is hot, remove it from the heat then add about 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon butter to the pan.
- 22It should quickly melt and sizzle.
- 23Slice the“pie” into 9 pieces and place one into the hot skillet.
- 24If the“pie” has cooled, you can reheat each slice by zapping it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- 25Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the“pie.
- 26”Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup over the dessert and then sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of chopped walnuts over the top.
- 27Repeat for the remaining ingredients and serve sizzling in the skillet.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili's Chocolate Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (1744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.1
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.5 mg
- Sodium 472.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g