Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 3 inch strips
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup soda pop (seven up...sprite...or carbonated soda)
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for deep frying)
- Place semi frozen chicken onto a cutting board and cut easily into three inch strips.
- Beat egg with the soda and all other ingredients until smooth.
- Dip each strip into batter.
- Deep fry in hot fat about 375 degrees, until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite mustard sauce.
This had the same texture, but REALLY bland!!! I would not make this again!!!!
This turned out really good when cooked in peanut oil. They taste just like the ones at chilis but they don't look exactly the same.
Tasted great. Thought using soda was weird but worked great. Used canola oil which had a distinct taste, needed another kind of oil and I think I will use peanut oil next time.