Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Corn Tortilla Chip's topped with moist and tender strip's of Chicken,Onions,& Peppers,(sauteed with Fajitas seasoning mix) Topped with melted Monterey Jack, Cheddar Cheese,& Jalepenos. Served with lettuce, salsa, & sour cream.
Top Review by mulan400
I'm surprised this recipe doesn't have more reviews because after having tried my hands at various nachos recipes, this is hands down teh best. I also left out the pepper since I'm not a fan and it was delicious regardless. I like how the layering method is properly explained. Two thumbs up.
- 16 tortilla chips (Large and whole, not broken)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopeof mccormicks fajita seasoning mix
- 1 uncooked boneless chicken breast (cut in strips)
- 1 vidalia onion (cut in half and sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (cut in half, deseeded, then sliced into strips)
- 1 jalapeno (deseeded and cut in slices)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup of pace thick & chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute Chicken, Onion, & Peppers as directed on the Fajita seasoning pack.
- When done, drain mixture and set aside.
- Place Tortilla Chips in a circle on a large plate or platter that is Oven proof or Microwaveable.
- Layer Chicken, Onions, & Peppers on top of the Tortilla Chips.
- Next, Layer Shredded Cheeses on top of the chicken, and top with Jalepenos.
- Place plate in oven (350° just until Cheeses are melted) or microwave on medium.
- When Nachos are ready, add the shredded Lettuce (in the middle of the plate or platter).
- Top the Lettuce with the Salsa & the Sour Cream (and if you like, add Guacamole).
- Grab a cold one and Enjoy!