Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Corn Tortilla Chip's topped with moist and tender strip's of Chicken,Onions,& Peppers,(sauteed with Fajitas seasoning mix) Topped with melted Monterey Jack, Cheddar Cheese,& Jalepenos. Served with lettuce, salsa, & sour cream.
- 16 tortilla chips (Large and whole, not broken)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopeof mccormicks fajita seasoning mix
- 1 uncooked boneless chicken breast (cut in strips)
- 1 vidalia onion (cut in half and sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (cut in half, deseeded, then sliced into strips)
- 1 jalapeno (deseeded and cut in slices)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup of pace thick & chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons guacamole (optional)
- Saute Chicken, Onion, & Peppers as directed on the Fajita seasoning pack.
- When done, drain mixture and set aside.
- Place Tortilla Chips in a circle on a large plate or platter that is Oven proof or Microwaveable.
- Layer Chicken, Onions, & Peppers on top of the Tortilla Chips.
- Next, Layer Shredded Cheeses on top of the chicken, and top with Jalepenos.
- Place plate in oven (350° just until Cheeses are melted) or microwave on medium.
- When Nachos are ready, add the shredded Lettuce (in the middle of the plate or platter).
- Top the Lettuce with the Salsa & the Sour Cream (and if you like, add Guacamole).
- Grab a cold one and Enjoy!
I'm surprised this recipe doesn't have more reviews because after having tried my hands at various nachos recipes, this is hands down teh best. I also left out the pepper since I'm not a fan and it was delicious regardless. I like how the layering method is properly explained. Two thumbs up.
This recipe definitely reminded me of the ones at Chili's. The directions were very easy to follow and the prep time was cut down because I used freshly shredded and cooked chicken from our grocery stores deli section. I cut down on the onions, since my family is extremely suspicious of veggies in their food. I however, love veggies. My oldest picked out the small green pepper pieces but other than that both my youngest and him loved them. :)
delicious! I left out the bell pepper and these are some of the tastiest nachos around! I also made homemade flour tortilla chips and that ensured they were large and not broken. :) perfection! thanks for another keeper!