This recipe may be halved. Masa Harina is a type of corn flour. It is found at most grocery stores in the flour section. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 3 cups diced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2-2 cup masa harina (Note -- Depending on how you like your soup, 1/2 c makes a thinner soup while 2 c makes a thicker so)
- 4 quarts water (divided)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 lb processed American cheese, cut in small cubes
- 3 lbs cubed cooked chicken
- 1In large pot, place oil, chicken base, onion and spices.
- 2Sauté until onions are soft and clear, about 5 minutes.
- 3In another container, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water.
- 4Stir until all lumps dissolve.
- 5Add to sautéed onions and bring to boil.
- 6Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa Harina.
- 8Add remaining 3 quarts water to pot.
- 9Add tomatoes; let mixture return to boil stirring occasionally.
- 10Add cheese to soup.
- 11Cook stirring occasionally, until cheese melts.
- 12Add chicken; heat through.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: