Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entree.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- shortening or vegetable oil, for deep fryer
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Batter: Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. add 3/4 cup self-rising flour and cornstarch, whisking until smooth. Let batter rest 5 -10 minutes.
- Cook Chicken: Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F. Coat chicken pieces with dry flour, then dip chicken into batter. Allow excess batter to drip off, then place 3 pieces of battered chicken into the hot oil and fry for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Drain fried chicken strips on paper towels.