Recipe by C. Taylor
This copycat recipe is from Top Secret Recipes. Chili's chicken crispers are chicken fingers with a light and airy batter, usually served with TSR Version of Chili's Honey Mustard Dressing by Todd Wilbur. This serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entree.
Top Review by soulja
This is a great recipe. I do want to stress that it has the process backwards. In order to get the crispy crust of the Chili's Crispers you have:
FIRST DIP THE CHICKEN IN THE BATTER, THEN DIP IN THE FLOUR.
This will give you the perfect crispy chicken crispers, better than Chili's.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- oil (6 to 10 cups) or shortening (for frying, 6 to 10 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk for about 30 seconds to dissolve salt. Whisk in 1 cup self rising flour. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Coat each piece of chicken with dry flour, and then dunk the chicken into the batter. Let a little batter drip off the chicken and lower it into the hot oil. Fry for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken, frying 3 to 4 tenderloins at a time. Drain fried chicken strips on paper towels and serve with honey mustard dressing.