Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
I want my baby-back baby-back baby-back, I want my baby-back baby-back baby-back...you know you're singing it now! From America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food.
- 6 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the rib slabs in half, leaving 6 to 8 ribs per section. In a large roasting pan, arrange the ribs evenly, then add the water. Cover the pan tightly with a lid or foil to prevent steam from escaping. Bake for 3 hours.
- About 2 hours into the baking time, make the sauce. In a large saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the coals in a barbecue. Remove the ribs from the roasting pan. Discard the water.
- Cover the ribs with the sauce, saving about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce for later use at the table. Grill the ribs on the barbecue for about 5 minutes per side, or until slightly charred.
- Serve with the remaining sauce and lots of paper towels or moist towelettes.
- ***ALTERNATE SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS: Place the ribs in a slow cooker, pouring the sauce over. Let cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours until the meat is very tender.