Recipe by loof
A quick and tasty Mexican breakfast dish!
Top Review by SweetySJD
Yum! This was delicious and satisfying and very easy to put together. I used 9" corn/flour tortillas. I thought 10 tortillas would be way too many (I assume the recipe is calling for much smaller ones), and ended up using 4. Thanks! I'll be making this again and again.
- 10 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tortillas into bite-sized pieces or strips. Peel and chop the tomato. Carefully remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeno and discard. Mince the jalapeno.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Fry tortilla pieces until crisp. Pour off most of the oil, leaving just enough to cook the eggs. Salt the tortillas well.
- Beat the eggs; mix in the tomato and jalapeno. Add to the skillet of crisp tortillas and scramble together until eggs are done.
- Serve topped with sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese.