Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and tasty Mexican breakfast dish!
- 10 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cut tortillas into bite-sized pieces or strips. Peel and chop the tomato. Carefully remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeno and discard. Mince the jalapeno.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Fry tortilla pieces until crisp. Pour off most of the oil, leaving just enough to cook the eggs. Salt the tortillas well.
- Beat the eggs; mix in the tomato and jalapeno. Add to the skillet of crisp tortillas and scramble together until eggs are done.
- Serve topped with sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese.
Yum! This was delicious and satisfying and very easy to put together. I used 9" corn/flour tortillas. I thought 10 tortillas would be way too many (I assume the recipe is calling for much smaller ones), and ended up using 4. Thanks! I'll be making this again and again.
What a yummy and fast dish. Lots of flavor and a real comfort feel. I made 1 serving and got two good sized ones out of it. I used fat free sour cream but I'm not too sure how much fat that actually cut , lol. Irregardless, this was too good not to just plain enjoy now and be very good tomorrow (I hope!). Oh!, I used the corn tortillas.
This was a big hit at my house this morning. This is easy to make and it quite delicious. By popular demand, I will be making it again this weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe.