Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This easy Mexican-inspired dish is simple to make and it has a beautiful in-the-pan presentation.
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 4 tablespoons margarine (divided)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn into strips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup canned mild enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine in the skillet. Add torn tortillas and brown lightly. Push the tortillas all the way to the outside edge of the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine to the center and melt.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble until soft set. Push the eggs to the outside edge of the pan.
- Add the browned ground beef to the center of the pan.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over and mix lightly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Sprinkle the black olives and green onions over the meat mixture; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and spoon several dollops of sour cream over the dish, then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Replace cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.