Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and great tasting fast recipe. While the chili simmers, you can put the pot on to boil for the spaghetti. In no time you have a sensational supper, I just make a salad,for a side, garlic bread and when the kids were small orange floats.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 6 -7 ounces spaghetti
- In a large skillet or saucepan, cook and stir ground beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and beans.
- Cook uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package. Drain, turn spaghetti onto large platter and top with hot chili mixture.
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I think it's a great basic recipe that can be built upon by your likes and dislikes with chili. Such as I used a can of kidney beans and a can of pinto beans since I doubled the recipe and wanted a little variety. We also topped ours with cheese, because after all what is chili without cheese? Thanks Baby Chevelle for a great addition to our rotation