Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I do love these! Great as a side dish for a Mexican Fiesta or Sunday Football!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you can find it)
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 large poblano chiles
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 eggs, seperated
- vegetable oil
- In a large fry pan combine first 6 ingredients and cook until chorizo is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut chilies open lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Fill chilies equally and roll in flour.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Whip the whites to medium peaks and fold in yolks.
- Dip the chilies into the batter-holding the stems and gently slide into the hot oil-cook 3 at a time-turning so that they are golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with fresh salsa.