Top Review by shannonA
These were very good - we ate them with Chili and they were gobbled up in no time. Mine turned out more like biscuits than muffins, but they were great - I will make them again!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces green chilies, canned and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, both sugars, baking powder and salt. In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Make well in dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, them loosen edges and turn out on rack and cool completely.