Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, both sugars, baking powder and salt. In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Make well in dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, them loosen edges and turn out on rack and cool completely.
These were very good - we ate them with Chili and they were gobbled up in no time. Mine turned out more like biscuits than muffins, but they were great - I will make them again!
BOY! You sure can't eat just one of these muffins at a time. They were really great and easy to make. I even made a terrible mistake, I forgot to put the brown sugar in. The next two batches I make I will do right. I didn't think something with green chili in would taste good. Was I surprised.
Muffins were simply excellent! Easy to prepare, moist and so tasty! We started out by reducing the recipe for only 4 servings...after the first muffin was gone, we started the second batch (increasing to 12 servings!). ENJOY!