Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spicy chutney will liven up even mild curries. Use your favorite chile variety to personalize the flavor.
- 1 lime, rinsed and halved, very thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 red chilies, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the lime slices and salt, and let set for 30 minutes. In a separate bowl, pour the vinegar over the chilies, let sit for a moment, then drain. Rinse the shallots in cold water, then drain. Mix the chilies, shallots, lemon juice, sugar and oil, then stir in the salted limes. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
- This make approximately 1 cup of spicy chutney.
Just what the doctor ordered! This is now our favorite sauce for anything... Thank you for posting this recipe, it can virtually be used for any type of southwestern recipe or any other spicy food. The whole family loved it.