1/2 Photos of Chili Zucchini Marmalade
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This unique marmalade is spicy good. Using an overabundance of home grown zucchini and hot peppers. Orange and chili do complement each other and work great in this. Serve on cream cheese with crackers or glaze chicken, salmon, or ribs at the end of cooking with the marmalade. using a food processor to shred the zucchini and apples is an easy way to go.
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, sliced
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (peeled and seeds removed)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cord and diced
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 ghost fresh chili peppers, minced (use gloves HOT!)
- 2 -4 calendula flowers, optional for color (optional) or 2 -4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1Remove the orange zest with a vegetable peeler and slice fine, place into a heavy bottom stainless steel large pot.
- 2Remove white pith from oranges and peel and pith from lemons. Place in cheese cloth along with ginger root.Tie cloth and place in the pot.
- 3Over the pot slice the segments of the oranges and lemons dropping into the pot and discard the membrane and seeds. Squeezing as much juice into the pot.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients to the pot.Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Rise heat to high and boil hard stirring often till the mixture reaches the jell stage. It took me 1 hour. Squeeze the spice bag in a strainer over the mixture to release all goodness into the marmalade. Discard the bag. Skim off foam.
- 5Meanwhile have the water bath ready and prepare the jars and lids for canning.
- 6Ladle the marmalade into the jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Remove air bubbles. wipe rims and place lids on. Place bands on to fingertip-tight.
- 7Place in a boiling water bath and place lid on. Process for 10 minutes. Remove cover to pot and shut of flame. let sit for 5 minutes. Remove to a draft free spot.
- 8Label and store. use within one year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Zucchini Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (2459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 871.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 215.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: