Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
very easy chili to make on a cold night. serve with cornbread muffins if you'd like
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, light or dark,drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cooked ziti pasta
- Cook hamburger or turkey, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Return to pan and add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cinnamon, oregano, water, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare ziti according to directions on package; drain and keep warm until meat and tomato mixture is done.
- Serve chili over the ziti and top with cheddar cheese if desired.
I really liked this variation of chili with the ziti pasta. it's a keeper! thanks for sharing.