1/4 Photos of Chili With Sausage and Jalapeno
This is a real tasty sweet and spicy beanless chili that I tried from Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was found in the RSVP section as a request from a restaurant in Rochester New York called Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. We loved it and beans could be added easily if you are a bean fan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb italian sweet sausage, casing removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes in puree
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- hot pepper sauce
- grated monterey jack cheese
- chopped red onion
- sour cream
- 1Heat 2 T.
- 2oil in a large pot over high heat.
- 3Add beef and sausage; cook until brown, breaking up with spoon, about 8 minutes.
- 4Transfer meat mixture to bowl.
- 5Reduce heat to medium high.
- 6Add remaining oil to pot.
- 7Add onion, bell pepper, jalapenos and bay leaves.
- 8Cook until vegetables are soft, stirring frequently.
- 9Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- 10Return meat mixture to pot.
- 11Mix in tomatoes and next 7 ingredients.
- 12Simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 13Mix in lime juice.
- 14Season with salt.
- 15Serve chili in bowls, passing hot sauce, cheese, red onion and sour cream separately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili With Sausage and Jalapeno
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 572.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 22.6 g