Recipe by kimbearly
we have had chili with sausage at a local restuarant and the hubby loved it!very versatile as to what you want to add---notice, no beans in the recipe---add if you like!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 medium mushrooms, coarse chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 5 (24 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 16 ounces tomato juice
- 1 lb sausage meat
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- brown meats, drain, set aside.
- saute celery, onion, and carrots till soft.
- combine meat and veggies.
- add tomato sauce, juice, and canned tomatoes.
- simmer 30 minutes.
- add bouillon,red pepper flakes, spices, red pepper flakes to taste and let simmer at least 1-2 hours.
- add sugar to help citric acid taste.
- simmer on low heat about 6-8 hours.
- serve plain with tortilla chips.
- i serve the leftovers with macaroni and cheddar cheese.