1 hr 15 mins
Mere de Claire's Note:
A delicious chili with fresh salsa as the main ingredient. This is an adaptation from Chuck and Dave's Salsa website. I love the freshness the salsa brings to the chili. If you prefer a spicier chili, consider using 2 tubs of hot salsa. If you prefer a more mild flavor, try 2 tubs of mild salsa. Enjoy, my family sure did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 green peppers
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 (14 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) mild salsa (use fresh salsa)
- 1 (16 ounce) hot salsa (use fresh salsa)
- sour cream, to top it off
- 11. Chop up the onions, garlic and green peppers.
- 22. Add to large pot and sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- 33. Add the ground sirloin, chili powder, cumin and cook until browned.
- 44. Add Red Gold Diced Tomatoes, Brooks Chili Baked Beans, and both salsa tubs.
- 55. Mix well.
- 66. Add additional cumin and chili powder if your taste buds so desire.
- 77. Let simmer for 45-60 minutes mixing as you go.
- 88. Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili With Fresh Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 1189.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 33.3 g