Recipe by Mere de Claire
A delicious chili with fresh salsa as the main ingredient. This is an adaptation from Chuck and Dave's Salsa website. I love the freshness the salsa brings to the chili. If you prefer a spicier chili, consider using 2 tubs of hot salsa. If you prefer a more mild flavor, try 2 tubs of mild salsa. Enjoy, my family sure did!
- 1 small onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 green peppers
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 (14 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) mild salsa (use fresh salsa)
- 1 (16 ounce) hot salsa (use fresh salsa)
- sour cream, to top it off
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Chop up the onions, garlic and green peppers.
- 2. Add to large pot and sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the ground sirloin, chili powder, cumin and cook until browned.
- 4. Add Red Gold Diced Tomatoes, Brooks Chili Baked Beans, and both salsa tubs.
- 5. Mix well.
- 6. Add additional cumin and chili powder if your taste buds so desire.
- 7. Let simmer for 45-60 minutes mixing as you go.
- 8. Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream.