Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a chili recipe that I made up on the fly, taking things I liked from different versions of chili I've had and adding a few new ones. This is great with tortilla chips or just in a bowl. I prefer to eat mine on the couch while watching football.
- 453.59 g 80% lean ground beef
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 236.59 ml bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3-5 garlic cloves, diced
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 4.92-9.85 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 340.19 g can tomato paste
- 2 (793.78 g) can red kidney beans
- Brown beef and pork in large skillet and use spatula/wooden spoon to break the meat into very small pieces as it cooks.
- When meat is browned, toss in onions, peppers, shallot, garlic and spices and cook until onions are translucent.
- Transfer meat/veggie mixture to crock pot and add in the tomatoes, tomato paste and beans.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, cilantro and sour cream.
Made this for My 3-Chefs October 2013 tag game and I wasn't disappointed (DH gobbled it down). I did cut the recipe in half but otherwise followed the instructions. Served over fritos, topped with green onions slices, cheese and sour cream. Had a green salad on the side. Thank you for posting.