Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple and flavorful meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- hot pepper sauce
- Cook the ground turkey, onion, and garlic until beef is well browned.
- Stir in chili powder.
- Drain liquid from the cans of kidney beans into the meat mixture. Save the beans.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, water, salt, sugar, and bay leaf. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans and desired amount of hot sauce.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes.