Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just spicy enough without scorching your mouth
- 1 can pinto beans, drain and rinse the beans (restaurant size)
- 5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, diced
- 4 bell peppers, diced
- 4 anaheim chilies, diced
- 2 yellow chiles, diced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, diced
- 2 serrano chilies, diced
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (not restaurant size -- I think 28 oz.)
- 1 cup chili seasoning mix
CHILI SEASONING MIX
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup new mexico chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup california chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Mix all and store in sealed container.
- Use 4 teaspoons with 1 pound of ground beef for chili with beans.
- Adjust seasoning more or lesss to taste.
- Place all of the above except the meat into a large kettle.
- Turn the heat on low.
- Scramble the ground beef in a pan.
- Drain the fat off of it.
- Then add 1 cup of chili seasoning.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Gently heat the meat with the spices.
- Then pour into the bean and pepper mixture.
- If mixture is too thick you can add 1 cup more water.
- Heat till mixture simmers and the peppers and onions cook.
- Be sure and heat on low to medium or stay right with it and stir or it will scorch.