Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was made for my husband years ago during a work carry in. He came home with the ingredients and made it for me within the week. I'm not sure what it should be called because the mixture of ingredients doesn't sound as great as it tastes. Give it a try and I guarantee you will LOVE it. Everyone I have ever made it for has asked for the recipe. It has become a norm in my house. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili hot beans
- 1 (32 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce, I use Ragu with onion and garlic for this recipe
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Ritz cracker (optional)
- Brown hamburger and chopped onion in skillet.
- While hamburger is browning, mix sauce and both cans of beans in a large pot and put over medium heat.
- Once hamburger and onion is done, add to large pot.
- Add 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add garlic powder to taste.
- Stir every few minutes while cooking over medium heat until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and crackers.
It was easy to make and quick, but we like our Chili made with kidney beans and tomatoes, instead of spaghetti sauce.