Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
I recently prepared Chili to feed the Homeless and have never cooked in such mass quantity. My Wife and I prepared 32 Gallons of Red, we used 18 Qt Roaster ovens. This recipe will entail the ingredients of one 4 Gallon batch or 16 Qt's
- 1 (10 lb) canof diced tomatoes
- 1.5 (10 lb) cans chili beans
- 0.5 (10 lb) can black beans
- 0.5 (10 lb) can tomato paste
- 0.5 (10 lb) can water
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (Dry)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground dried chile (Hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 teaspoons beef base
- 9 cups ground beef
- 3 lbs chopped onions
- You'll need a five (5) Gallon Pot or portable Roaster oven (18 Qts) or larger. This Recipe will produce aprox 4 Gallons or 48 cups of Chili.
- Start by Browning the meat and draining excess fat/water. Add onions and soften.
- Add all additional ingredients and slow cook. Adjust thickness by adding water or vegetable juice. Of course season with additional spices to taste or serve with hot sauce on the side.
- I slow cooked my Chili for 24 hrs at 225 degrees and stirred it every couple of hours.