Recipe by Janneke anne
Low Carb, and perfect for the summer. I hate using my oven in the summer. The kids love this recipe too. I also use chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 -2 1⁄3 lbs boneless pork loin, trimmed
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and Chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle green chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in 1 1/2TB oil. Season it with salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to the slow cooker. Add remaining oil skillet and saute onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno till the onion is trranslucent. Place the saute veggies on top of pork, then add green sauce and broth. Cover and cook on low heat for about 6 hours, or until the pork is tender. Remove pork and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.