Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Low Carb, and perfect for the summer. I hate using my oven in the summer. The kids love this recipe too. I also use chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 -2 1⁄3 lbs boneless pork loin, trimmed
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and Chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle green chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in 1 1/2TB oil. Season it with salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to the slow cooker. Add remaining oil skillet and saute onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno till the onion is trranslucent. Place the saute veggies on top of pork, then add green sauce and broth. Cover and cook on low heat for about 6 hours, or until the pork is tender. Remove pork and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Oh my goodness, what a wonderful flavor and so easy to make! My kids devoured it and will definitely make it again! Made for best of 2011 cookbook event, thanks!
Wonderful! The pork was so moist and tender - I didn't even need to slice it, it shredded right apart just touching it with the fork. Very flexible for serving - I served the first batch as taco filling and the second as a burrito bowl over cilantro lime rice. Delicious! Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
Delicious ! I used it to make "Chipotle" bowls . Meat was so tender and flavorful. Keeper.