Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a dip using refried black beans. It has become a tradition for me to make this every New Year's Day. Alot of people think refried beans from pintos are the only way to go, but I suggest trying this! The combination of the beans and cheeses and spices give it a remarkable flavor. You will bring home an empty pie plate! This is a Pampered Chef recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning, plus
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning, of your choice (I have used 1/2 TBS. chili powder and 1/2 TBS. plus 1 tsp. cumin. which makes it very mild for kids.)
- 1 lime
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, undrained
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, divided
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- corn chips, of your choice
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas, if desired,see below (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Mix refried beans with 1 teaspoons of seasoning.
- Spread over bottom of pie plate.
- Juice lime to measure 1 TBS.
- Mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilis, garlic and the rest of the seasoning until smoothe.
- Add chopped onions, half of the black olives, and one cup of the cheese to mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in pie plate.
- Sprinkle remaining olives, 1/4 cup cheese and snipped cilantro over top.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- If desired, arrange Baked Tortilla Chips around edge of dip.
- To prepare Baked Tortilla Chip:.
- Cut 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas in 8 triangles.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400* oven for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.