Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My DH loves this recipe, I made it up myself after we moved away from our favorite Mexican restaurant. I have made many different versions and this is the one he likes best. with extra black pepper.
- 1 -2 lb beef roast or 1 -2 lb pork roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican green sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained of juice
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- cook roast with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf bullion and water.
- After cooking the roast, discard the bayleaf and any juices.
- cut roast into bite size pieces.
- add roast,Green sauce is a verde sauce,bell pepper in large pot, cook until starts to thicken.
- Add the tomato the last ten minutes of cooking time.
- cook until thickened.
- I place a couple of very large tablespoons on a large tortilla with cheese (your choice) roll burrito style and fry in canola oil, serve with sour cream, and guacamole.