Recipe by dicentra
From my Rival cookbook. I would serve this over rice and pass the cornbread.
Top Review by jeffreywnewton
I don't eat pork so I make this with a beef roast, I have made it for over six years and this recipe has never been anything but amazing! Use the leftover meat shred it to make enchiladas or tacos, this recipe is a family favorite and very easy to make!
- 2 lbs pork, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb beef, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth