Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
YUM! A recipe I found in a little cookbook that includes recipes from Home Economics teachers across the USA. It's so good and easy to prepare. Serve over cooked pinto beans with tortillas and a salad to round out your meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 14 ounces green chilies, whole
- 1 onion, chopped (medium)
- 15 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Brown meat in large pot using nonstick cooking spray or small amount of oil.
- Cut chiles into large chunks.
- Layer chiles, onion and tomatoes over meat.
- Sprinkle garlic over tomatoes.
- Pour water over mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Check occasionally, adding water if necessary.
- Just before serving, dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water and stir into liquin in pan to thicken if desired.
- Salt to taste.