Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mexican home-style cooking. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash and peel outer skin off of tomatillas.
- Add tomatillas, ½ onion, garlic, and jalapeno peppers into a saucepan, cover with water and boil until tomatillas are soft. Place in blender and blend.
- Cut chicken or pork into 1 inch cubes, add ½ chopped onion, chopped garlic and bay leaf, place in pot, cover with water, cook on med. Also add bay leaf and salt.
- After meat cooks for approximately ½ hour, add green sauce from blender (do not remove cooking liquid unless far too much). Cook until sauce reduces to desired consistency. Kind of like gravy. Salt again to taste and serve with warm tortillas.