Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy, satisfying cold-weather vegetable soup. Adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canspicy chili beans, in sauce,undrained
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- In a large pot, add the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, celery, garlic, taco seasoning, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add in the beans, zucchini, and squash; let simmer 10-15 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I made changes, because I felt like this recipe would come out waaaay too tomato-ey made as written. I cut it down to one can of stewed tomatoes and 1 small can of tomato paste. Also, I used 3 cans of beans (black, pinquintos and pinto), added corn, more spices, and sauteed the onion first. The end result was a hearty veggie chili.