Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Enjoy tender Chinese vegetables and egg noodles tossed in a sweet chili dressing.
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 red chile, finely sliced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 lb medium egg noodles
- oil (4 sprays)
- 7 ounces pak choi, broken into leaves
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 7 ounces sliced bamboo shoots, in water, drained
- 7 ounces water chestnuts, in water, drained
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and heat a non-stick wok until hot. Mix together the sesame seeds, red chili, scallions, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and sweet chili sauce. Set aside.
- Plunge noodles into boiling water and cook until tender, according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Spray the wok with oil and when hot, stir-fry all the vegetables for 3-5 minutes until tender. Toss through the dressing and serve with the noodles.