Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this quick chili recipe on a pressure cooking site, but the recipe belongs to Spyce at allrecipes.com. I am saving it here for safe keeping. I found out how good chili can be, by using cocoa, when I tried Wonka Chili by flower7. Enjoy!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (822.13 g) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml dark brown sugar
- 9.85 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml kosher salt (to taste)
- 473.18 ml water
- Cook the ground beef in the pressure cooker over medium high heat until brown and crumbly.
- Remove beef and drain excess grease.
- Add olive oil, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper to pressure cooker.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring, for 3 or 4 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, cook and stir a few times.
- Return the meat to the pressure cooker, add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, water and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock. Bring cooker up to pressure, 15 psi.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove cooker from the heat and allow to cool on its own, 5 to 10 minutes.
- When pressure is fully released, remove lid, stir chili, and serve.
Doesn't get much easier than this. Very tasty too. Always on the lookout for pressure cooker recipes that I can make in the RV and this one goes on my list. (one pot meals are a blessing in the small galley). I subbed ground turkey for the ground beef. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.