1/1 Photo of Chili Under Pressure
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 1Cook the ground beef in the pressure cooker over medium high heat until brown and crumbly.
- 2Remove beef and drain excess grease.
- 3Add olive oil, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper to pressure cooker.
- 4Cook on medium high heat, stirring, for 3 or 4 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- 5Add garlic, cook and stir a few times.
- 6Return the meat to the pressure cooker, add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, water and red pepper flakes (if using).
- 7Place lid on pressure cooker and lock. Bring cooker up to pressure, 15 psi.
- 8Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- 9Remove cooker from the heat and allow to cool on its own, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 10When pressure is fully released, remove lid, stir chili, and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Under Pressure
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 317.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 28.4 g