Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
For the most part, most of this receipe came from a friends mother but for the life of me I cannot remember her name. Sorry! You can add spaghetti or you can do without. I usually will cook some spaghetti and have it to the side for those who like it in theirs. This is a great chili recipe for people who have difficulties eating anything with small seeds such as people with diriticulitis. This can be as mild or as wild as you want it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) containerbloemers chili base (you can use other brands but I have found Bloemers to be the best tasting and thanks to the internet)
- 2 (1 ounce) packagesof bloemers chili powder (2-3 pkg, again Bloemers is the best tasting)
- spaghetti (if you like)
- Brown the ground beef adding the onion in a few minutes before it is completely done. Add ground beef into a stock pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least 45 minutes to make sure that all the flavors have incorporated.
- If you like things on the hotter side, you can add more chili powder or maybe just a touch of cummin.
- Top with a little shredded cheese if you prefer or serve over a hot dog for a great chili dog!
I always enjoy doing recipe the most when I can get the ingredients suggested, & Bloemers chili products are no exception ~ They are great tasting! Thanks for posting your recipe & suggestons! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And the Winner Is theme in My-3-Chefs]