Recipe by Michellenky
For the most part, most of this receipe came from a friends mother but for the life of me I cannot remember her name. Sorry! You can add spaghetti or you can do without. I usually will cook some spaghetti and have it to the side for those who like it in theirs. This is a great chili recipe for people who have difficulties eating anything with small seeds such as people with diriticulitis. This can be as mild or as wild as you want it.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I always enjoy doing recipe the most when I can get the ingredients suggested, & Bloemers chili products are no exception ~ They are great tasting! Thanks for posting your recipe & suggestons! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And the Winner Is theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) containerbloemers chili base (you can use other brands but I have found Bloemers to be the best tasting and thanks to the internet)
- 2 (1 ounce) packagesof bloemers chili powder (2-3 pkg, again Bloemers is the best tasting)
- spaghetti (if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef adding the onion in a few minutes before it is completely done. Add ground beef into a stock pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least 45 minutes to make sure that all the flavors have incorporated.
- If you like things on the hotter side, you can add more chili powder or maybe just a touch of cummin.
- Top with a little shredded cheese if you prefer or serve over a hot dog for a great chili dog!