Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from the Somerfield magazine. A really nice spicy dish that I serve with rice for tea then have with jacket potato the next day for lunch. Have made with onion if I haven't got any leeks works just as well. And I don't usually add the creme fraiche because I don't tend to keep it in, but is lovely without.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry turkey quickly for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the leeks, pepper and garlic and cook for further 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli flakes, tomatoes, lentils and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover, then simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until all the ingredients are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and stir in the creme fraiche if using.
- Serve with rice or crusty bread.