Recipe by 1giants_fan
Tired of the same old turkey leftovers! Don't know what to do with the dark meat! Here's a recipe for you. I received this recipe from a friend 20 years ago. Chicken works well also.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- red hot cayenne pepper sauce (to taste)
- 16 ounces noodles, cooked (I like spirals)
- 3 -4 cups diced cooked turkey or 3 -4 cups cooked chicken
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 -4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion in butter until yellow.
- Stir in soup and hot sauce.
- Spray either one 4-quart or two 2-quart baking dishes with lids.
- Layer 1/2 of the ingredients in this order: noodles, turkey or chicken, soup mixture and then cheese.
- Repeat layers--one more of each.
- Bake 45 minutes.