Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
I don't recall how I got this recipe, but my family loves these. They call them enchilada burgers.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs turkey, ground
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (more, if you want heat)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, together with your hands, in a bowl.
- Divide into 10 equal patties.
- Broil, grill or pan fry: Heat 2 Tb. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the burger, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 7 minute per side.
- Divide the burgers among plates- 2 to a plate. Dollop each serving with mayonnaise and stack lettuce, tomato,onion and pickle on top.
- I like to eat mine on a bed of lettuce with taco sauce, tomato, onions and tortilla chips.