1/1 Photo of Chili Tuna Pizza
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Pizza was very popular in our house a while back, and when i made this favorite recently for my brother, he loved it. It's so simple to make using pita bread to make a thin & crispy base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pieces pita bread (flat bread)
- pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 large red capsicum
- 3/4 medium zucchini
- 5 -6 slices sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 4 -5 large button mushrooms
- 110 g of spicy chili tuna in olive oil (if this isn't available, try experimenting with other flavours)
- 1 1/2 cups grated low-fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for crust)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180degC.
- 2Chop the onion and other vegetables to pieces about 1cm cubes. Heat a frying pan, drain the olive oil from the tuna can into the pan adding the onion,garlic (and optional sun-dried tomato and extra chili).
- 3When the onion is soft, add the capsicum & zucchini and stir until zucchini is starting to cook and remove from heat.
- 4Put a little olive oil around the edge of the pita bread with a pastry brush to ensure the edges don't burn (as the bread is thin it burns easily).
- 5Spread your pizza sauce over the bread.
- 6spread over with a thin layer of cheese (to stop your topping from falling off while you're eating it).
- 7Empty the frying pan contents onto your prepared pita bread bases and add the mushrooms and the tuna.
- 8Scatter the remaining cheese over the pizza and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Tuna Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 1157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 47.5 g