Recipe by loverofmyfamily
My family loves this recipe. I usually do not add the green chiles. Frequently we have this as a vegatarian meal with out the meat. I found it on a McCormick recipe card many years ago.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 3⁄4 cups whole kernel corn, undrained (1 can)
- 1 can chopped green chili, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of minced onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat, drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chiles. Stir in next 5 seasonings. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. In a 2 quart baking dish, coated with cooking spray, place 3 flour tortillas to cover bottom. Overlap as needed. Layer with half of chili mixture and half of cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Serves 8.