Recipe by English_Rose
This flavoursome casserole layers tortilla wraps filled with pork, beef, red wine, beans and chilli sauce and topped with a creamy cheese sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans in chili sauce
- 7⁄8 cup red wine
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the ground meats in batches and cook for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chili beans and red wine and bring to the boil. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir the cilantro into the chili and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- To assemble the wraps: spoon the chilli mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Fold over 1 side of the tortilla, then fold over the remaining side. Place seam side down in a large shallow ovenproof dish.
- Spoon over the soured cream and heavy cream and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbling hot and golden brown.
- Serve with a large dressed salad.