Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Aunt Darlene's recipe from family collection.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 potatoes, baked
- In a dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, bean, sugar and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours.