Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here’s a spicy, fun vegetarian entrée. The chunky chili would be good over baked white potatoes too, or maybe brown rice or cornbread. Lots of variation possibilities! From Light & Tasty’s Feb/March 2006 issue. I have not made this yet, but it sure looks good.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- grated cheddar cheese
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn and parsley and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half, top with chili, and sprinkle with cheese.