Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really simple sauce that works well for enchiladas. From The More With Less Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (or to taste)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in oil till translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, till thickened, stirring frequently.
- Put through a strainer, if you like (I never do).
WOW! What a great recipe! I used this sauce to make Crock Pot - Pulled Pork and it really made the meal. The sauce smelled great while it was cooking and had a nice full flavor. It was spicy but not too spicy. I used 2 tbsp chili powder (directions said 1 or 2)and added 2 tsp cumin for a little extra kick. This recipe is definately going into my favorites cookbook!